In the below terms and conditions “I” refers to the driving instructor, Laurence Jacquemin ADI, “you” and “your” refers to the pupil.
Payments and Lesson Booking
- Payment for lessons must either be paid in advance or at the start of each lesson if using 'pay as you go'.
- A minimum cancellation period of 24 hours notice is required or the full lesson price will be charged.
- In the event that I need to cancel I will give at least 24 hours notice, failing which your next driving lesson will be free of charge. (this does not apply if I cancel due to means outside of my control, such as a mechanical breakdown)
- All lessons start at the agreed lesson time, should you be late the time can't be made up at the end of the lesson. In the event that I am late, I will make up the time twice over (i.e. if I am 5 mins late I will give you 10 mins), when it is convenient for both of us.
- Any refunds will be made via a cheque.
- I reserve the right to withdraw the use of the vehicle for the driving test should I not agree that you are at the required standard. I am unable to take you to test for ‘experience’ or to ‘have a go’, only when you are fully ready to drive independently and safely. Should I feel that you are not ready for the test, I will let you know prior to your test date so you are able to change the date without incurring a charge.
- As the driver you are legally responsible for any points or fines accumulated during the lesson (for example speeding) and would be liable for any points/fines. However I do have a moral responsibly to prevent any points or convictions being obtained during a lesson, and as such will do my upmost to prevent any fines being obtained. To reassure you I have never had a fine issued during a lesson.
Fitness to Drive
- You must inform me immediately of any motoring convictions you have. You are also liable for any motoring convictions gained whilst driving in a lesson or test.
- Your eyesight will be checked before your first lesson, you must be able to read a car number plate from 20 metres, with glasses or contact lenses if necessary. You must notify me immediately if there is any change in your eligibility for a licence, or if you are no longer fit to drive, whether due to deterioration to your eyesight or otherwise.
- You must inform me if you are taking any medication which could effect your driving.
- Please inform me if you have had any alcohol within the 24 hours prior to a lesson (it takes at least 24 hours for alcohol to fully exit the body, a nights sleep is not always sufficient, which is why many drunk drivers are caught the morning after)
Money Back Guarantee
- If at the end of the lesson you feel dissatisfied with how it went you have the right to ask for a refund.
Complaints and Concerns
Should there be the rare occasion where you are dissatisfied with the services provided by Driving Crawley and you wish to complain please send your concerns in writing to 24 Peverel Road, Ifield, Crawley, RH11 0TH. Please ensure to mention your full name and when the lessons in question were taken.